Title: Graphic Design Intern
Agency Description: Resolute is a full service public relations and marketing agency providing PR, marketing and creative services. We are a quickly growing firm looking for a hard worker with a go-getter attitude to add to our team. We can’t stress enough the importance of “team.” At Resolute, you never have to go it alone, yet you have every opportunity to make your task your own. Bounce ideas off of us. Do your research. Identify ways to improve what a client is doing. Push the boundaries, but always be intentional and professional.
Position Summary: At Resolute, we want our interns to get real world experience that complements lessons learned in the classroom. It’s vital that you feel part of the team and really experience life in an agency. This means jumping in if you see someone needs help, being a self-starter and never being afraid to ask questions. In this role, you will receive tasks that include working with our creative director and developing digital content for account teams. You will get to try your hand at a variety of tasks such as creative campaigns, layouts and designs for print and digital formats.
- Acquire knowledge of all teams within the agency and gain an understanding of how the different teams fit together in the overall client goal.
- Support design team with creating a wide range of products, including:
- White papers
- Social media graphics
- Newsletter graphics
- Brochures/promotional materials
- Independent thinking and ability to self-manage in a remote working environment.
- Must be enrolled in college studying graphic design, strategic communications or a related field.
- Experience using design programs, including InDesign, Illustrator, PhotoShop and Canva.
It goes without saying that people skills are a must, but just liking people isn’t enough. The following are just a few of the expectations for the internship position:
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Present a friendly, professional appearance through tone of voice and dress.
- Be responsive. Check email regularly, return phone calls and convey a willingness to jump in.
- Pay attention to details and ask questions.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and sometimes involved instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
We are often the client voice, which requires good judgment. It will be important to understand what is appropriate both online and off when we are designing on our client’s behalf.
Resolute is a fast-paced environment that requires employees to be self-motivated and eager to ask questions. We have a lot to teach, but we need someone who is ready to learn. Resolute’s clients are nothing short of awesome. You have to be a quick thinker and ready to switch from topics as diverse as education to technology to retail. It comes with time, but if you’re willing to put in the effort, you will soon be bringing new ideas to the table and getting a front row seat to a growing company!
Interested? We’re Excited to Hear from You!
Send resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org