A large portion of my job at Resolute is influencer marketing. A newer service area on the PR horizon, it’s a form of marketing in which focus is placed on influential people rather than the target market as a whole. It identifies the individuals who have influence over potential buyers and orients marketing activities around their network.
In my daily life, I am an avid fan of influencer marketing. As a working mom, I find certain influencers on Instagram whose style I love, and often they introduce me to new products and restaurants.
Influencers make it easy to shop their favorite items and follow their favorite places to dine, via social media and their blogs. With one click, you can have a product at your doorstep or make reservations at the most popular restaurant in town.
As a client, it can be flattering to have someone endorse your product to 25,000 followers. But before you jump into influencer marketing, there are 5 things you need to know:
- Make it FUN: No one likes to go to an event in their personal time that is a snoozefest. Have the entire vibe be one that’s fun.
- Decide on a goal: What are you hoping to get out of influencer marketing? Brand awareness? Product testing? Community partners?
- Make it exclusive: To give the influencer a VIP experience, make sure you create an event or package that is exclusive to them. This makes it easier to meet your goals, and it allows them to feel special.
- Provide gift bags: Gift bags are a great way to allow your influencers to further explore your products at home. Also, this a great opportunity to invite other businesses to participate in the fun. If you have enough items, I would suggest giving an extra bag to each person to give away to one of their followers.
- Find the right influencers: Each company has their ideal clients. Just because someone has 25,000 followers, doesn’t mean they’re the right ones for your business. Search for the best influencers that will represent your ideal clients.
Curious about how your influencers are? Contact us today about how influencer marketing can help you better target your potential clients.